The RDP is the Rural Development Plan for Wales 2014-2020. It is a European-funded programme that supports people living and working in rural areas. Through national and local schemes, the RDP provides funding and support for farming communities, businesses, community organisations and local groups in rural areas.
The Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 was adopted by the European Commission on 26 May 2015.
It is a 7 year investment programme supporting a wide range of activities which overall contribute to the following objectives:
- Fostering the competitiveness of agriculture
- Ensuring the sustainable management of natural resources, and climate action
- Achieving a balanced territorial development of rural economies and communities including the creation and maintenance of employment.
There are four strands to the Rural Development Plan for Wales
- Human & social capital measures
- Local development measures including LEADER and RCDF
- Agri-environment & climate measures
- Investment measures